Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Psychologist?
- What is the difference between Psychologists, Psychiatrists and Counsellors?
- Should I be seeing a Registered Psychologist?
- What do Registered Psychologists do?
- How do I find a Registered Psychologist or Registered Psychological Associate?
- Who pays for the services of a Registered Psychologist?
- How do I know if a Registered Psychologist is right for me?
- Who do I contact if I am in a crisis?
- What are the requirements to become a Registered Psychologist?
- How do I become a member or an affiliate of the BC Psychological Association?
- I want to file a formal complaint against a psychologist. What should I do?
- I am interested in finding out how to become a psychologist. Where should I start?
- I am new to BC and I have a degree in psychology . Will I be able to practice as a psychologist in BC?
- I want to find out more about a career in psychology. Where should I start?
- How can I volunteer for the BC Psychological Association?
- I would like to post a job or an event on your website. What should I do?
- I found a psychologist, but he/she is not listed on your Referral Service. Does this mean that he/she is not a psychologist?
- How can I find out whether someone is a Registered Psychologist?
- How do I locate an individual psychologist?