Interior Health Authority - Clinical Psychologist in Kamloops
Interior Health Authority is urgently seeking a Clinical Psychologist to support mental health clients at the Hillside Psychiatric Centre and South Hills Psychiatric Rehabilitation Centre in Kamloops, B.C.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include completing psychodiagnostic assessments, individual therapy, group therapy and providing ongoing education to staff. Both sites strongly support research and evidence-based practice and there is openness to role development and change within the parameters of the programs.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity. Days of work are Monday to Friday from 08:30-16:30 with weekends and stat holidays off.
Recognized as one of BC’s top employers, we offer progressive and diverse workplaces, a network of welcoming multi-disciplinary colleagues and a range of benefits and services to support you:
• Relocation assistance
• Competitive compensation
• Recognition of previous experience in determining salary
• Extended health & insurance plans
• Generous employer paid vacation & sick time
• Training and career development opportunities
• Ph.D. in Psychology or equivalent from a university or school recognized by the College of Psychologists’ of British Columbia, with an approved pre-doctoral internship in clinical psychology.
• Current registration with the College of Psychologists’ of British Columbia (or eligible for registration).
• Five years recent related experience in clinical psychology in the assigned clinical practice area(s).